Welcome to the Friends of the Bach Archive
Cultural institutions need friends! Without the help of private donors, the Leipzig Bach Archive would not be the centre of Bach scholarship and the meeting point for Bach lovers from all over the world that it is today. The Friends of the Bach Archive (legal name: Vereinigung der Freunde des Bach-Archivs Leipzig e. V.), an incorporated society, provide financial and moral support for the institution’s diverse activities.
Please join the Friends and support, for example:
- acquisition of rare books, manuscripts, documents, and graphic art
- research projects and publications
- educational programs of the Bach Museum
- prizes for the International Bach Competition
The annual membership fee entitles members to receive exclusive early offers for Bachfest tickets, a free subscription of the Bach Magazine, free entry to the Bach Museum, and much more.
How to join
Join us and enjoy the special advantages reserved for members:
- Exclusive early ticket offers for the Leipzig Bach Festival from November 6
- A free annual Members’ Concert
- Free subscription to Bach-Magazin (available in German only)
- Free and unlimited admission to the Bach Museum
Your contribution will, for example, help us to conserve and restore valuable archive items, buy antique prints, music manuscripts, documents and drawings, and to fund research projects and publications, educational work in the museum and concerts in the historic Summer Room.
Follow us on Facebook
With our Facebook page, we aim to draw the attention of Bach Friends to what’s new at the Bach Archive and announce Bach Friend events and activities. We’d love to have you as a ‘Friends of the Leipzig Bach Archive’ fan on Facebook.